Nordic Business Forum 2017
On October 2nd and 3rd the Nordic Business Forum 2017 brings a powerful array of speakers to an audience of 7500 to share their insights on Responsibility, Purpose and Leadership. The Nordic Business Forum’s goal is to develop the annual event to be ” …the most noteworthy business seminar in the world,” giving itself ten years to reach this goal by 2021. Nordic Business Forum’s drive comes from its mission that “inspiring and equipping business leaders who want to make the world a better place is the single most effective way in which we can make an effect on the whole society at large.”
The Nordic Business Forum continues to grow year after year. The Nordic Business Forum Sweden was launched in April of 2016. In 2018 Nordic Business Forum Norway launches its first event in Oslo with the theme “Lead Lean.” Both Nordic Business Forum events in Stockholm and Oslo take place in January 2018. With the October 2017 event already sold out in Helsinki, tickets to live stream this event are available to individuals and groups.
Discussion on leadership, trust and responsibility will include a strong look at the environment and climate change. Speakers at this year’s Nordic Business Forum include:
- Richard Quest, CNN Business Correspondent and Moderator
- Sir Richard Branson, Founder of Virgin Group
- Will Smith, Actor, Musician, Producer, Philanthropist
- Adam Grant, Author and Wharton Professor
- Rachel Botsman, Trust Researcher
- Patrick Lencioni, Author of 8 Management Books including The Five Dysfunctions of a Team
- James Hansen, Former Director of the NASA Goddard Institute for Space Studies
- Severn Cullis-Suzuki, Environmental Activist for Intergenerational Justice
- Nick Vujicic, New York Times Best Selling Author
- Stéphane Garelli, Founder of the World Competitiveness Centre, at the Institute for Management Development (IMD) in Lausanne
- Petteri Taalas, Secretary-General of World Meteorological Organization
- Mika Anttonen, Founder and Principal Shareholder of the Nordic Energy Company St1
- Boyan Slat, Inventor, Founder and CEO of the Ocean Cleanup
- With an additional speaker spot to be announced
Inspiration for Two
The Nordic Business Forum is committed to giving students access to “entrepreneurship education” through their program Inspiration for Two and this year are focused on making this opportunity available to children from developing countries. Per Nordic Business Forum ” … By participating in the events of the Nordic Business Forum, you will also be providing valuable education to students in countries with low and medium Human Development Index.“
The Earlier Years
Previous speakers at the Nordic Business Forum include former Vice President Al Gore, Les Brown, Seth Godin, Arianna Huffington, Gary Vaynerchuk, Dick Costolo, and Tony Hawk. Last year’s theme, Advantage, was split into three different tracks: Digitalization, Culture and Marketing. Feedback on the Nordic Business Forum is illustrated in their infographic with a 97.9% rating the Forum as good or excellent. A video archive is available featuring speaker interviews and Executive Summaries from previous years are available for download.
The Nordic Business Forum has 22 full time employees with offices in Finland, Estonia and Sweden. Did you know investors like Richard Branson, Peter Thiel and Seedcamp are active investors in the startup scene in Tallin, Estonia? If you use Skype, you’re using a great app developed there. Great startups like Testlio are also based Tallin with a solid foot and office in the San Francisco Bay Area and London.
Curious? Keep an eye out for what’s going in the Nordic and Baltic regions. To learn more about the Nordic Business Forum visit their website, and get updates on their upcoming events on Facebook and Twitter.
– Diana Gaffney, Editor, WomenWorkRemote